La Mama COVID Safety
La Mama is thrilled to reopen and welcome you back to the theatre! Have a look at our What’s On page for our final offerings for the year!
To ensure the comfort and safety of our audiences, artists and staff we have put together a COVID-Safe plan. We will continue to be updated by the governments guidelines and will update this information accordingly. In line with the guidelines issued by the Victoria Government and corresponding attendee limit, we have implemented additional safety measures for your visit. Please see below for more information.
We appreciate that not everyone will be ready to come back to the theatre just yet. Please be assured that we are taking every measure to ensure Covid safety, but if you don’t feel comfortable, we look forward to seeing you when you are.
La Mama will be guided by legal requirements at all times, and breathes a sigh of relief to share three more events with you in 2020!
How we’re keeping you safe
Before you arrive
- The first step should always be to consider how you’re feeling. If you are unwell, have recently returned from overseas or have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days we ask that you please respect the health and safety of others and not visit. In this case, you can request a full refund or use your ticket price as a donation to the show that you were booked to see. Please consider that the artists are performing to reduced audience sizes already and as much notice as possible is appreciated.
- Because seats are limited, it is recommended that you book online. We’re not always at the theatre and able to answer or return calls as quickly as we’d like.
- Please don’t print your ticket. We only need your booking name.
When you get here
- Our doors will open 30 minutes prior to show time for more efficient check in.
- Please check in at the Box Office as soon as you arrive.
- Once you’ve checked in, you’ll be seated in the theatre.
- We will continue to offer bar service, as well as our traditional complimentary tea and coffee, served in compostable plant-based cups.
- There will be no self-service of the free bickies, but they will still be available!
- We are only accepting cashless (‘Tap and Go’, credit card or EFTPOS) payments.
- We will provide a small number of printed programs, but as these are single-use, we encourage you to view the program digitally. This will be available on the show page after opening night.
- A maximum of 56 patrons may attend a single performance.
- Performers will remain 1.5 metres from the audience.
- We have implemented a rigorous cleaning schedule, complying with DHHS and WorkSafe guidelines, including displaying our cleaning logs in the bathroom and at the Box Office.
- High-touch areas are sanitised regularly.
- Automatic (no-touch) hand sanitiser stations are located at the front gate and the Box Office.
- Please cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and put the tissue in a bin and wash your hands with soap.
- Soap and hand drying facilities are available in the bathrooms.
- It is a condition of entry that all audience members adhere to these requirements at all times during their visit.
- We are required to keep your name and contact details for contact tracing purposes.
- Each member of your booking party will record their contact details at the Box Office while checking in for the show.
- Please consider downloading the COVID-Safe app.
- You will be required to carry a mask with you. Disposable masks are available if you have forgotten yours.
- While everyone is welcome to stay for a drink after the performance, please be aware that we can only facilitate 30 people in the bar area. We will be managing the flow of people accordingly and will accommodate patrons by utilising seating in the theatre if necessary. Our friendly front of house team will guide you so please be patient while we work towards creating a safe and happy environment for you.
Covid-Safe plan (accessible Word Doc version)
Some more inspiration:
Creative Victoria has updated their COVID page to reflect recent changes to restrictions. This includes a summary of what it means for the Creative Industries, Q&As and resources. Industry Restart Guidelines are also available on the Arts and Recreation services page of the Victorian Government’s coronavirus website. Feels like too much? Begin your reading with Six Principles of COVIDSafe Workplaces.