A Sustainable Vision
As a theatre that has always stimulated both visionary conversations and practical action, La Mama is committed to reducing our environmental impact and setting an example in our community with our energy use and waste management practices.
We encourage our artists, audience and staff to think sustainably when working at La Mama or travelling to the theatre.
Some of our sustainable strategies include:
– Implementing paper-free Front of House booking systems and book-keeping
– All show programs available online and emailed to audience
– Offering a ‘Green Ticket’ discount incentive for audience members who choose a sustainable mode of transport within their accessibility needs (opt-in by artists, applicable to certain shows only)
– Lowering our building’s energy and water consumption
– Reducing the number of our printed season brochure (printed on 100% recyclable paper)